Am I suffering from an Eating Disorder?
Even though most people that wish to loose some weight or wish to have a nice looking body are not suffering from an eating disorder, however, after you take some time reviewing the above, you could take a minute to ask yourself a question: Am I heading towards that direction? Ask yourself:
- Am I embarrassed about my eating habits?
- Am I hiding my eating habits from others?
- Has food become one of the most important aspects of my life?
- Am I weighing myself more than one time per day?
- Am I willing to risk my life in order for me to loose weight?
- Have I experimented with self induced vomiting, laxatives or diuretics?
- Have my eating habits influenced my social life? For instance, would I rather stay with myself than being with others, so that I can eat uncontrollably or secretly cause myself to vomit?
If the answers to these questions portray some problematic attitudes, you should question yourself if:
– Am I really happy living this way?
What can you do about this situation? Try consulting mental health professionals or visit specialised units/services for Eating Disorders.