I Need help!
Do I have an eating disorder?
Of course, most people who want to lose weight or get in shape do not suffer from an eating disorder. However, after considering the above, you might wonder if you’re heading in that direction. Ask yourself:
▪ Am I ashamed of my eating habits or procedures?
▪ Do I hide my eating habits from others?
▪ Has food become the most important part of my life?
▪ Do I weigh myself more than once a day?
▪ Am I willing to take risks in order to lose weight?
▪ Have I experimented with self-induced vomiting, laxatives or diuretics?
▪ Have my eating habits affected my social life? For example, do I prefer to be alone rather than with others so that I can binge eat or secretly expel food?
If the answers to these questions indicate that you have a problem, ask yourself:
▪ Am I really happy living this way?
What can you do about this situation? Refer to mental health specialists or specialized Eating Disorder Treatment centers.